Born in a city legendary for not following the status quo, the RVA Beard League was formed to help bring together the people of Richmond, be good facial hair ambassadors in the community, and to make a few new friends here in town and around the country.
We have events each month to promote social networking and philanthropy:
- 2nd Monday at Station 2 eating and drinking local at Pub Night.
- 3rd Tuesday we hold our Business Meeting to cover and plan all the fun stuff.
- Throughout the month we take part in at least one volunteer event.
Want to join? Just show up and come hang out. It's that easy. By your third activity, we'll add you to our Facebook group for active members.
Behind the (Chin) Curtain
Feel free to be as active as you want. We reward active members by helping support their adventures to charity competitions. If you'd like to know how the League financially supports active members so we can travel to competitions and represent RVA, read our Travel By-laws. If you really want to geek out, our dry but necessary bylaws explain how things are organized.
All of the people below can be reached by email at their title @beardleague.org.
John "Schickie" Schickler
Ed Heffington (r)
- Members who have participated in events and want to report their hours should use the Event Attendance Form.
- Facial hair is not mandatory.
- Competition is not mandatory, though it is highly encouraged.
- Bad attitudes are strictly prohibited.
- League members are ambassadors. Individual behavior reflects that of the group. Be a good person and the League will maintain its acclaim.
- No dues will be collected. Membership is, and shall remain, free.